Zak Starkey's work with:
|| summary | releases | live ||
Nov 10 - Pete's Diary entry outlines 2005 Who plans ...
The band has agreed upon a work plan for the coming year and beyond. ...
His main creative work will be songs for a new Who album. These will be based on his story, now complete, The Boy Who Heard Music. He and Roger plan to demo the new material before the end of the year prior to going into record the album in March 04. This of course will be the band's first studio album since 1982 'It's Hard.' The proposed release date for the album is the early Summer and the idea is to follow it up with a US and UK tour, taking in other regions in 2005.
Both Pete and Roger wanted to share this information with you at an early stage. It is hoped that the recording sessions will be filmed for webcasting and that some live, interactive sessions, via the website, will also take place.
10, 2004 - Pete posted a diary
entry on his site to clarify his current and future projects both with and
without The Who:
In his "I need to clarify a few things I think" post, he states that:
- The new Who Album (working title WHO2) will NOT be a concept album
- (The Boy Who Heard Music is a separate project - a continuation of Lifehouse)
- He and Roger will meet in December to play what they've written:
- "If we move ahead from there, we may have a CD ready to release in the spring"
- "If the recording works out we will tour with the usual band in the first half of 2005"
So once again we are left at the close of a year, being promised a new Who album. It's got to come true one of these times, no? -- keeping the faith...
The Who 2004 - Releases|
|See The Who 2004 - Live |
Who related sections on Kathy's Zak Starkey Site:
Quad Hyde Park and MSG * Quad USA '96 * Quad Europe '97 * Quad USA '97
Who's Serious? * Daltrey Sings Townshend * Who convention '95
Pete's Olivier Award Party * John Entwistle's The Rock * Pete's 98 solo gigs
* Who 1999 shows * The Who 2000 * Tony Ashton Testimonial Show
* The Who 2001 * The Who 2002 * The Who 2003 * The Who 2004 *
* The Who 2005 * The Who 2006 *The Who 2007 *
* The Who 2008 *The Who 2009 *The Who 2010 *The Who 2011*
* Kathy's Simon Townshend Pages *
Tuesday, November 16, 2004
Created: Sept 21, 2003
Copyright © Kathy VanTassell