Zak Starkey's Work in:
This is a band name that keeps popping up from time to time, and various sources
have referred to as a "pickup band" - meaning that the personnel may
have rotated and the gigs were more haphazardly or leisurely arranged. Dates
for the existence of this band range from as early as 1989, all the way through
to 1993. Another "pickup band" name that is often quoted for this
same time span is Lend Us a Quid, though that seems
to be a completely different cast of characters.
Spin Out (circa 1991)
- Zak Starkey - GUITAR
- From most reports, Zak player GUITAR in this band configuration.
- Gary Roberts - Bass
- (middle name 'son of Russ Abbott')
- Gary Nuttall - Guitar
- Gary used to play keyboards in Chesney Hawkes' band. He then went on to
the band Face (which Zak was also a brief member!),
and then on to Robbie Williams' Band (1997 - present). He joined Zak and John
Entwistle for their set at the Endangered Species
Concert in 2000.
- Smiley (AKA Steve Barnard) - Drums / (guitar)
- x-The Mock turtles, Original Robbie Williams band ( 1996 - 1998), Joe Strummer
& Mescaleros. In 2002 had formed One*iota with Johnny Wilks.
Spin Out (circa 1993)
Included the main players above, but with
- Steve Clarke - Drums
- x-Fastway and founding member of fusion band Network (1986 - 2000 +), and
also metal band Necropolis. Steve now also runs a jazz fusion label - Wenlock
Records where his and Network's releases among others are available.
to Zak's Bands,Gigs,Sessions
Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Created: March 4, 2002