Are You Good at Crosswords?
your hand at this crossword puzzle designed by Zak!
It can be found in the
The Language Of Rock N Roll,
by Bob Young & Micky Moody
The small but not Insignificant Crossword: Compiled
by Zak Starkey
- 1 - Robert who knows the principle of moments (5)
- 7 - Prince's
- 9 - Wakeman journeyed to this part of the earth (6)
- The condition of Quo (6)
- 11 - George Martin's studio is above others (6)
- 12 - Invisible to the police (3)
- 13 - What Max Splodge does (7)
- To knock down king or queen (6)
- 18 - Blondie ate to it, Jackson did it (4)
- 20 - DJ out of captivity (7)
- 21 - Springsteen asks for a tent (5,2)
- 23 - Traffic's less in water
- 24 - Singular instant in love for art of noise (6)
- 25 - Ad-dance,
corpses are able to (4,3)
- 27 - Seventies band featuring Tony Ashton, Jon Lord
and Ian Paice that gave activity life (1,1,1)
- 28 - HM band formed by ex-scorpions,
UFO guitarist (1,1,1)
- 29 - You couldn't do this to an offer Mr Brando might
- 31 - Mr Smith who sings from the big chair (4)
- 32 - Mexican Rockers
- 33 - Is rap confused by
coming in twos (5)
- 1 - Welcome to the pure sale mode (8,4)
- 2 - Jay from Bucks Fizz (5)
3 - Adolescent stomp from The Sweet (7,7)
- 4 - Customers who push the boat
- 5 - Punk's gob (4)
- 6 - Drums that catch you (6)
- 8 - Once
more and once more for 10 across (5)
- 14 - 21 across finds out where he was
brought into the world (4,2,3,3)
- 15 - Those who use are these (5)
- 16 - Sade's gemstone existence (7,4)
- 19 - 'D. RENT' as a style or
- 22 - 1977 Fleetwood Mac hit (4,4)
- 25 - Hellishly condemned
punk band (6)
- 26 - Heavenly body Rod Stewart borrowed from Jimi Hendrix (5)
- 27 - Townshend, Paul and Mary (5)
- 29 - Diamond had a rambling one (4)
- 30 - Clumsily failing record (4)
Need to check
your answers? (or just cheat?)
Return to Language
of Rock & Roll
OK now, Let's play
Jeopardy!!!The answers are from The 1995 Christmas Jeopardy episode:
Category #9 "Drummer Boys"
- for $200: The character, Animal,
has often played the drums on this TV Show.
- What is The Muppets?
$400: This drummer got his acting debut in the starring role of Corky in the
1950s TV show "Circus Boy."
- Who is Micky Dolenz? (drummer for The Monkees)
- for $600: He noted that his 1992 album, "Time Takes Time" is `the only
album I've done sober.'
- Who is Ringo Starr?
- for $800: A drummer
himself, he is Ringo's son.
- Who is Zak (Starkey)?
- for $1000: He
was The Who's drummer until he died on September 7, 1978.
- Who is Keith
What? No "Audio Daily Double"!!!
This time it's an "Exclusive Competition" card that came with the A.S.a.P
single (UK) of "Down The Wire". The prize was Adrian Smith's E.S.P Mirage
Custom guitar, and a later chat with Adrian backstage at an upcoming Iron
Maiden gig. To win, one had to correctly answer three questions:
Also required was a
"tie breaking slogan in the most original and appropriate fashion, in not more
than 10 additional words: I Should Win Adrian's Guitar Because - - -". Deadline
for entry was May 1, 1990
What is the name of the A.S.a.P album?
- B. What is the name of the A.S.a.P.
- C. Name the bonus track exclusive to the 12" and CD copies of "Down
The Wire (Crossed Line Mix)" single?
Return to A.S.a.P
Wanna buy a used car mate?
1984 Mercedes-Benz AMG 190 E2.3 hand-me-down was auctioned at BCA's
Classic & Historic sale on July 31, 2004. The car was personally imported
to the UK in 1984 by the first owner Mr. Richard Starkey who also ordered the
£10,000 conversion to AMG wide-body specification. [Done by Strattons Ltd;
a full AMG body kit, steering wheel, colour keyed alloy wheels and grille, lowered
suspension, exhaust system and an AMG 2.3-litre engine upgrade]. In 1989 registration
was transferred to Lornington Ltd., (Mr. Starkey's Company), and then to Barbara
(Bach) Starkey and finally to owner at time of auction, Zak Starkey.
estimate was £5,000. It sold for £8,550 following some highly competitive
In the premiere issue (#1, Oct/Nov 2004) of
GIANT Magazine, there is an article about fanatical collectors [The Collectors,
by Kirk Miller, pg 130]. One
of the collectors profiled is Peter Lavinger, drumstick collector extreme. When
a portion of his stick collection was displayed at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
in Cleveland (display seen in article photo left), Zak's personally signed sticks
In the GIANT article he gave high praise to Zak's drumming:
Highlights: If you're a classic rock fan, Lavinger has hard-to-get
wares from Ringo Starr; Ringo's son Zak Starkey, who currently plays with the
Who ("Best drummer today," says Lavinger); ...
out Peter's website: www.drumsticksabound.com
Kathy's favorite Drummer jokes:
- Q: Why do drummers always leave drum sticks on the dashboards of their
- A: So they can park in the Handicapped spaces.
- Q: What do Ginger
Baker and Seven-Eleven coffee have in common?
- A: They both suck without
- Q: How many drummers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Twenty. One to hold the light bulb, and 19 to drink until the room spins.
A: Two. One to screw in the bulb, the other to tell him how Neil Peart
would have done it better.
of all kinds!!!Drummer resources:
Updated: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Created: Dec 1996
Copyright © 1996 -